Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 Australian Percussion Eisteddfod Results

2012 Australian Percussion Eisteddfod Results

Last weekend my students and I traveled to Melbourne for the 2012 Australian Percussion Eisteddfod. This is an annual event organized by Optimum Percussion (in Burwood, NSW Australia) and was kindly hosted this year by Scotch College in Hawthorn.

Both days were extremely exciting with fantastically musical performances from young, school-aged percussionists from all over Australia. I am very proud to report that all my students played to the best of their abilities and were awarded with the following:

Intermediate Drum Kit
Encouragement Award = Alistair H.

Junior 2-mallets
Encouragement Award = Alistair H.

Primary Solos
1st Place = Ruby S.
2nd Place = Catherine P.
3rd Place = Patrick S.



Primary Percussion Ensemble
1st Place = drumfill junior

Junior High School Percussion Ensemble
2nd Place = drumfill intermediate

I am very proud of the efforts of all my students and commend every competitor that entered an event, their teachers for encouraging and instructing them and the conductors who were able to shape young percussionists into such fantastic musicians. 

It is always fabulous to see students of varying ages performing with such musicality and promising technique. 

The future of percussion in Australia is secure.

I will be uploading video footage of my students in performance. Stay tuned if you are interested.

Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment